Aussie Kiss 9 - Kiss Of Life
Aussie Kiss is THE Student Windsurfing Event of the year, kicking off the season in a big way down in Devon/Cornwall it is a weekend not to be missed by any windsurfing students or graduates.
If you haven't windsurfed before not to worry, full instruction will be provided and FLOW will be there this year hosting a Ladies only clinic offering tips and advice for all the girls. There are a few places left, but you need to get in there quick, so if you're a student (or INSTRUCTOR places on offer do some teaching in return for super cheap ticket!) and are yet to discover the wonderful world of the SWA read on....
Registration and payment is now LIVE... 1st come 1st served
The Registration Process:
1. Create an account - If you have not got one already, create a login account on the website. This is done via the login panel button in the top right corner. You will need your university passcode which your president can tell you. If you are no longer a student, don’t worry, you can still use the same login account. If you are creating a new account but are not a student then contact the SWA with your details.
2. Become an SWA life member – If this is your first event or you have only just created a login account you will need to become a member of the SWA. This only costs £5 for life. Once you have created an account and activated it then login to the site. You should now be able to view the usermenu on the left. Select ‘SWA Membership’ and follow the instructions.
3. Get registered for an event – Tell your president you are keen to attend the event and they will register you online.
4. Pay in order to reserve your place at the event – Login to the site, go to Event Payment in the usermenu and follow instructions. Please note, your place is not reserved until you have paid.
5. XSWA – Follow steps 1-2 if applicable then login and use the XSWA payment option in the usermenu.
6. Instructors – Follow steps 1-2 if applicable then email firstname.lastname@example.org with copies of your certificates. They will authorise you online to pay the discounted instructor rate then you can login and use the Instructor payment option in the usermenu.
The Event Price:
- XSWA £25 inc friday and sat night party entry, accom, breakfast x2.
- Instructors £15 inc friday and sat night party entry, accom, breakfast x2, instructor event t-shirt.
Having idly sat through the summer long wind drought, the UK’s south-westerly is finally waking up! Windsurfers nationally are watching the guru, patiently waiting to invade the coast in full force. It's not yet cold and there's still some daylight, but wait, that’s not all...
With the start of October comes yet another university year and that can only mean one thing, time for the annual Student Windsurfing Festival - AUSSIE KISS 9!!
Nationally renowned, Aussie Kiss is the student’s introduction to the Student Windsurfing Association (SWA). On its ninth consecutive year AK is set to be bigger than ever and is expected to, once again, sell out in record time! Over 900 students will travel from far and wide to participate in the UK's leading student windsurfing event. AK proudly boasts the greatest number of beginner windsurfers hitting the water of any national weekend event and is further accompanied by intermediate and advanced clinics, a freestyle competition and students team racing for their respective universities, there's windy satisfaction for all.
FLOW (for ladies of windsurfing) will be on hand to encourage the fairer sex to hit the water, by having a get-together to talk about ‘windsurf-chick stuff’. Red bull will also be making an appearance with their events team, to provide some extreme festival atmosphere. A guest-list of pro's will be milling around, running clinics and potentially show-casing some of their skills on the water, with ExPix and Global Shots present to capture all the action.
Aussie Kiss kicks off with a day at the lake but the true carnage takes place at the Saturday night party, this year themed ‘Emergency’. Bude Holiday Park will be rammed with outrageous fancy-dress commitment and the blatant inter-uni competitiveness, which is seen on the water, continuing onto the dance-floor until the early hours of the morning. 'Danny Fontaine and The Horns of Fury' will be on hand to introduce us to Orchestral Death Skapunk with their 7-piece genre-defying troupe.
The Student Windsurfing Association has earned the attention of industry leaders, this year AK is supported by: Boardwise, Club Vass, Tabou, Gaastra, Severne, Spartan, Tushingham, Starboard, Turfdog, Boylo’s, Windsurf Mag, Expix, North, Fanatic, FLOW, RRD and Redcups.
Aussie Kiss is the first taste of the SWA experience and is taking place at Bude Holiday Park and Roadford water in Devon on Saturday 23rd and Sunday 24th October 2010. There are a further eight events organised throughout the university year hosted all around the country. For more information and event signup visit www.swa.co.uk